Phase 3. Teach & Observe
Check out the overview video of Phase 3
Steps for Phase 3: Teach & Observe
One teacher teaches the Research Lesson, while the team observes and collects data.
Plan for the observed Research Lesson
- Decide who will teach and who will observe
- Groups may also observe several teachers deliver the lesson or record each group member teaching the lesson
- Invite other teachers or administrators to observe the lesson, including a knowledgeable other
- Plan what observation data will be collected by the observers
- Plan for the recording of the lesson, if applicable
Teach and observe the Research Lesson
- Take objective observation notes that focus on the students, not the teacher
- Observe the same student or small group of students from start to finish
Explore these Tools for Phase 3
The documents with a star icon are essential to the process.