Educator Preparation Programs
Welcome, Educator Preparation Programs!
Lesson Study is a proven action-research process that can be a powerful tool for teacher preparation. There are several ways to use Lesson Study with preservice teachers.
As part of a teacher residency experience
- Form Lesson Study teams of preservice teachers in similar grade and content areas
- Teams engage in Lesson Study cycles to plan, teach, observe, and reflect on instruction
In preservice coursework
- Introduce the Lesson Study cycle as a process for continuous improvement
- Use Lesson Study practices to analyze how research-based practices are applied in classrooms
- Engage preservice teachers in collaborative research, data analysis, and reflection
- Use master lessons available on Texas Gateway to model best practices in planning, instruction, assessment, and reflection.