Phase 1. Examine and Identify
Check out the overview video of Phase 1
Steps for Phase 1: Examine and Identify
Teachers determine the area of instruction they want to improve.
Develop a Research Theme (optional enrichment)
- Identify the skills students will continue to grow, and connect Lesson Study work to the campus vision and mission for students
Agree on a focus or problem-of-practice
- Determine the subject area and grade level
- Identify possible areas for growth or exploration
- What is difficult to teach?
- What do students have difficulty learning?
- What curriculum or initiative is our campus implementing?
Consider a theory of action
- What changes to instruction or instructional strategies might help your students?
Explore these Tools for Phase 1
The documents with a star icon are essential to the process.